BUCKNER CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES - (MY FATHER’S HOUSE) (806) 799-0990
1510 South Loop 289, Lubbock, TX 79412
Visit website: www.myfathershouselubbock.org
*Call for information: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am – Noon & 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Education facility for single mothers with children enrolled in school.
This is not a shelter and there is a waiting list.
CHILDREN’S CONNECTIONS, INC. (806) 745-7995
2514 82nd Street, Suite G, Lubbock, TX 79423
Visit website for more program information: www.childrensconnections.org
Serving Texas Families since 1987 by connecting hearts through adoption, caring for those who care for children, improving access to quality child care and strengthening families.
Population Served: Pregnant women, High Risk Pregnancies, Adoptive Families
Pregnancy Support Services
- Assistance if you are at risk of child removal
- Crime Victims
- High Risk Health Needs
- Crisis Case Management
- Services to pregnant women who are in crisis
Children & Pregnant Women
- Medicaid, Food Stamps, TANF-we can help obtain services
Crime Victims’ Assistance Program
- Pregnant and the Victim of a violent crime
- Financial Support
- Counseling Services
- Referrals to Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Assistance with Legal & Medical Appointments
- Follow-up Support
- Connecting Hearts Program where toddler/infant children can be placed.
- Crystal Angels Embryo Adoption
- Home Study Services
- Waiting Child Adoption - for children in states outside of TX. Foster care without Fostering.
Childcare Provider Food Nutrition Program
- for licensed, in-home day care programs
Respite Care for Military Families
GENERATION HEALTHCARE WOMEN’S CLINIC (806) 795-7123
14 Briercroft Office Park, Lubbock, TX 79412
Monday – Thursday, 8:00 am – 6 pm; Friday, 8 am – noon; and
FIRST Saturday of the month, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Accepting both walk-ins and scheduled appointments.
We accept Medicaid, Texas Women’s Health, CHIP and most Insurance policies.
Sliding Fee scale also available.
- Breast Exams
- Pregnancy Testing
- Cervical Exams and Referrals
- Birth Control
- Prenatal Care
- STD & HIV testing and Treatment (for men and women)
- Resource assistance
- Assistance with unplanned pregnancies
- Assistance with applying for Medicaid & Texas Women’s Health Programs
Grand Expectations (806) 761-0611
2602 Ave Q Lubbock, TX 79411
Description: Pregnancy testing, physician referrals, Medicaid application assistance and a baby boutique for mothers delivering at University Medical Center.
Grand Expectations was established through a coordination between UMC Health System and Texas Tech Physicians Obstetrics and Gynecology. We offer private and confidential pregnancy testing at no charge with immediate results. You do not need to make an appointment and you won't have to wait long to speak to a health care professional. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions or think you might be pregnant.
If you are pregnant, we are here to help you through a health and happy pregnancy. If you do become pregnant and do not have health insurance to pay for the cost of prenatal care and delivery, we can assist you with your Medicaid application. Again, do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions
MANAGED CARE CENTER Residential Facility (806) 797-8003
Administrative and Outpatient Office (806) 780-8300
Visit website: www.mccaod.com
Programs available with Managed Care Center:
- Intensive and Supportive Residential substance abuse treatment for adult males and females
- Outpatient treatment for adult and adolescent males and females
- Co-Occurring Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
- Youth Prevention Programs; Prevention Resource Center
- Employee Assistance Program
- Community Coalition Program
- Minors in Possession Program
- HIV Early Intervention Program
HIGHLAND BAPTIST CHURCH -- Baby Closet (806) 795-6453
4247 34th Street, Lubbock, TX 79410
Tuesday, 1:00 – 3:00 pm & Wednesday, 3:30 – 5:00 pm
Baby Clothes, Diapers, some equipment for infants to four years old.
Require: Picture ID; Limited to once a month
NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE for LUTHERAN SOCIAL SERVICES (806) 741-0459
1212 13th Street, Lubbock, TX 79401
Monday thru Thursday, 1:00 pm; Be there by Noon.
Diapers and hygiene (limited)
Require: Picture ID, Social Security Card &
Proof of address with a piece of mail received within last 30 days
EARLY LEARNING CENTERS OF LUBBOCK (806) 765-9981
1639 Main Street, Lubbock, TX 79401
Visit website: www.elclubbock.org
Hours of operation: Monday thru Friday, 6:30 am to 6:00 pm
Description: Provides quality, educational childcare at an affordable price
Services: Provides quality childcare at an affordable price.
Breakfast lunch and snack, baby food and formula are provided at no additional cost.
Application process: An appointment is required to apply
Eligibility: Children ages birth to school age
Documents required: Proof of income, shot records, well check
Fees: Sliding Scale based on income
Five Lubbock Early Learning Centers:
Carver ELC Guadalupe ELC Vanda ELC Talkington ELC New Directions ELC (LISD Teen Moms)
2509 Elm 101 Avenue K 1301 Vanda 2714 Erskine 417 Akron
806-744-6726 806-763-3777 806-765-0110 806-763-0535 806-765-9126
INSTITUTE FOR CREATIVE LEARNERS (806) 559-1259
Physical Address: 1614 Avenue M, Lubbock, TX 79401
Mailing Address: PO Box 2507, Lubbock, TX 79408
Visit website for more information: http://www.instituteforcreativelearners.org/
Monday thru Friday, 8:30 am - 6:00 pm; Afterschool program, 3:45 pm - 6:00 pm
Mission is to help students reach their full potential. Through art, science, technology
and direct instruction, students develop a confidence within themselves and a love of learning.
Programs offer a unique opportunity for students with learning differences.
Call or Check website for sliding scale fee chart.
- Afterschool Program:
- Monday – Thursday 3:45- 6:00
- 30 min Enrichment (Art or Hands on Science)
- Homework help
- Pre-Flight reading program
- Dyslexia Therapy: Take Flight
- Pay on a Sliding Scale
- One Day a Week Program: $175
- Beginning Reading Program:
- Students who are 4 to 5 years old
- Monday – Thursday, 2:30-3:30.
- Tutoring :
- After school tutoring program is for all ages
- One-on-one tutoring for $35 per hour.
- Dyslexia Testing:
- Free screening to determine if a full assessment is needed.
- Full Assessment determines identification. $350 per assessment
- $95 if child is Medicaid eligible
- Imagination Station:
- Check website for date and time
- Summer Camps: Call or Check website for cost, date and time
- Monday – Friday, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
LEARN Educational Opportunity Center (806) 763-4256
2161 50th Street, Suite 105, Lubbock, TX 79412
Contact person for questions: Lee Ann Clark
Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm;
Free educational services to apply for GED or college and training programs,
including assistance with admissions, testing, financial aid, career searches,
financial and economic literacy, & referrals to additional community resources
such as child care and transportation.
LITERACY LUBBOCK (this is the new name) (806) 775-3636
1306 9th Street, Lubbock, TX 79401
Adult Literacy, Basic Education, Dyslexia screening, Susan Barton Program,
GED & ESL classes with 1 to 1 tutoring offerred, various entry college exams, etc.
LUBBOCK INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT – SPECIAL SERVICES (806) 766-1214
1628 19TH Street, Lubbock, TX 79401
SOUTH PLAINS COMMUNITY ACTION ASSOCIATION, INC. (SPCAA) (806) 762-8815
411 Austin; PO Box 610, Levelland, TX 79336 (800) 658-9632
Early Head Start and Head Start Programs (806) 894-2207
Early Head Start Program is available to pregnant women and children birth to 3 years old.
Early Head Start Program is available in Terry County (Home Based Program),
Garza County (Home Based Program), and Hale County- Plainview (Center Based).
Head Start Program is available for children who are 3 or 4 years old by September 1st.
Head Start Program is available in Brownfield, Crosbyton, Denver City, Floydada, Levelland, Littlefield, Lorenzo,
Lubbock, Morton, Muleshoe, O’Donnell, Olton, Plainview, Post, Ropesville, Slaton, Smyer and Sudan.
(Some school districts only take 4 year olds.)
Head Start Program is a school readiness program with:
- active learning experiences,
- nutritional snacks and meals,
- parent involvement,
- services for children with special needs,
- links to community resources,
- health and family services and
- parent trainings.
To apply you will need:
- child’s birth certificate (proof of guardianship if needed),
- proof of insurance/Medicaid (if available),
- immunization (shot) record,
- proof of income (previous year or previous 12 months):
- tax return,
- child support,
- TANF (ongoing),
- grants and scholarships and disability documentation (if available).
TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY EARLY HEAD START (806) 765-2737
515 North Zenith Avenue, Lubbock, TX 79403
Monday thru Friday, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
Application form is available at location or call for more information.
“We give infants and toddlers a great beginning!”